Saturday, February 6, 2010

Great Things at Great Harvest


I can't believe that I am actually sitting here writing my first post for this blog. In my opinion there is no better way to begin a blog about Boise's food than with a post about one of the places I most enjoy spending time at. I present to you Boise's Best Bread store - Great Harvest Bread Company (located on Fairview between Cloverdale and Eagle Road).




Ok, so yes I am a little biased since I also work there - but you don't have to take my word for it because if you experience it for yourself you will know what I mean.

February is here - and to most people that conjures up some sort of thought regarding Valentine's Day (whether that be good or bad). We tend to be a bit festive around different holidays at the bakery and recently we made some DELICIOUS heart-shaped sugar cookies with a cherry glaze. Since the holiday is quickly approaching I thought it fitting to feature those cookies.


(A boxful of love)
Some might say that love is in the air. In a sense that is true - the smell of bread when you walk in is enough to elicit a feeling of love for the place. AND joy is baked (or sandwiched) into everything that we make.
Great Harvest is not only a place where you can get fresh bread, a delicious sweet, or an awesome sandwich, but also a friendly greeting as you walk in the door. The store is open Monday through Friday 7:30 - 6 and Saturday 7:30 - 5. So grab a friend and come on in. Snag a cookie or just a free slice of bread and stay a while. You just might fall in love with the place.


4 comments:

  1. Your cookies look delicious!! I heart them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog idea! The cookies look adorable and delicious. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. yumm! I wish someone would send me a valentine as nice as that...

    ReplyDelete