Friday, February 19, 2010

Brunch at the Bardenay

I had the pleasure of joining a good friend for lunch (which technically turned into brunch) at the Bardenay in Eagle on Valentine's Day.  It was a beautiful day and the sunshine made me look forward to the warmer weather when we can start eating outside again.

When we arrived at the restaurant we had intended on having lunch. Upon being handed a menu we were pleasantly surprised to find out that they serve brunch on Sundays from 10 - 2. There was a good variety of breakfast and lunch items.  After we both wavered back and forth between lunch and breakfast, we both finally settled on breakfast selections.

I ordered the Salmon Benedict while my friend ordered the French Toast.  They were both reasonably priced - $9.50 for mine and $7.95 for my friend's.  The presentation was beautiful.  The food was hot when it came to the table (after a not so very long wait - always nice).  The flavor was GREAT!  I absolutley loved my food.  The hollandaise sauce was delicious - smooth, creamy and slightly tangy. Both entrees were served with rosemary red potatoes and the french toast came with chorizo sausage.  A real winner for me was the fact that the french toast was crispy.  Cooked to a golden brown perfection.

Our service was good.  While our waitress didn't seem to be the most "friendly" (she wasn't rude either by any means), she did her job well and our water glasses were filled regularly.

Overall we had a most delightful breakfast.  I can honestly say that the Bardenay is on the top of the list of my favorite restaurants in Boise.  I have never been dissapointed yet.  You get good food and a good value for your money.

2 comments:

  1. Looks temptingly tasty. I enjoyed reading your post, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tanginess...now what does that remind you of? :-)

    ReplyDelete